[Attention] If you tick the Consent Form for Personal Information Collection (hereinafter referred to as the “Consent Form”), you are deemed to consent to all conditions and terms of this Consent Form. If you do not agree to accept any conditions and terms hereof, please do not click.
At present, this Consent Form is not available to minors under the age of 18. If we find that we have collected any information of minors without prior consent of their verifiable parents or legal guardian, we will delete such information, cancel their membership, and terminate providing all services or rights.
Personal information collector: Sigma-Aldrich (Shanghai) Trading Co., Ltd. ("Merck" or "we") <25/> Address: 17/F, No. 3, Lane 227, Dongyu Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai
I. Sigma-Aldrich E-commerce Website (E-commerce Website)
You will become a registered user of the E-commerce Website and be entitled to exclusive services and rights for registered users by ticking this Consent Form and/or related agreement and clicking the corresponding button.
II. Collection and Use of Personal Information
1. In order to enjoy the abovementioned services and benefits, we will collect your personal information as follows:
- Mobile no.
- Company name, address, and postal code
- All the fields you fill in and submit in the registration: contact details, address details (registration address, delivery address, recipient, bill information, and invoicing address), and compliance information
- Your browsing history and click behavior on the E-commerce Website
- Your order history and behavior on the E-commerce Website
2. We will collect and use your personal information only for the following purposes:
- to complete your order(s)
- to provide complete logistics and freight services
- to provide you with information regarding relevant product and events
- to verify the registration details of your participation in our off-line activities
- to manage the customer relationship, especially our response(s) to your request(s)
When we intend to use your personal information for other purposes left unspecified in the preceding paragraphs, or use such information collected based on the specified purposes for other purposes, we will seek your prior consent.
3. In order to provide you with better services and rights, we will share your personal information with third party upon your consent:
- We may engage one or more service providers to provide services, including managing the E-commerce Website and analyzing part of your information. While providing these services, these service providers will access and process your personal information. We will enter into agreements with these service providers to require them to comply with applicable laws and regulations related to your personal information.
- We may share your information with the affiliated enterprises of Merck Group for legitimate business purposes.
- We may disclose your personal information, if required by law, administration, judiciary, or a similar authority, or when we consider it necessary to disclose the same in accordance with the law.
4. We and our service providers will take appropriate safeguards, and technical and organizational measures to prevent any alteration of, loss of, or unauthorized access to, your information.
III. Storage and Protection of Personal Information
1.) Storage of information
- In general, personal information collected and generated by us within the People’s Republic of China will be stored in the People’s Republic of China. However, since we provide products and services by using the resources and servers all over the world, you hereby authorize and consent that your personal information may be transferred to or accessed by the United State (“Jurisdiction”) where you enjoy products or services.
Such Jurisdiction may have different data protection law. Under such circumstance, we will ensure that personal information shall be protected at the same level as within the People’s Republic of China.. For example, implementing security measures such as de-identification before cross-board transferring information.
- We will store information for a necessary period as required by law, or for a necessary period at your request for providing the services, or for a period as per your consent.
2. Protection of information
- The security of your personal information is very important to us. We will be in strict compliance with the relevant laws and regulations, and take reasonable and feasible measures as widely accepted in the industry to protect your personal information.
- We have taken reasonable and feasible security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, modification, damage, or loss. We, inter alia, provide encryption for data transmission; establish an access control mechanism to ensure that only authorized personnel can access personal information; and provide regular training courses as to security and privacy protection to enhance employees’ awareness of the importance of personal information protection.
- In consideration that the internet environment is not 100% secure, we will safeguard the security of your personal information on a best-efforts basis. In case of personal information security incidents, we will, in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations, timely inform you of the basic conditions and possible impact of the security incidents, our countermeasures taken or to be taken, the suggestions for you to prevent and reduce the risks on your own, and the remedial measures for you. We will timely update you of the relevant incident by email and other means. Where it is impossible to inform you on a case-by-case basis, we will release an announcement in a reasonable and effective way.
IV. Aggregation and Consolidation of Personal Information
Where you are also a user of our other business platforms, in order to provide you with more optimized contents, we will aggregate and consolidate your different information obtained from different business platforms, analyze your behavior on different platforms for providing you with more comprehensive and professional services.
1. Involved business platform and personal information, including: