Use this introductory structural chemistry set to build and study models of: sulphur, sodium chloride, diamond, graphite, metals, hydrocarbons, acids and bases, detergents, nylon, water and ice, amorphous structures. Suitable for a student, teacher, researcher or a small group sharing. Includes instructions/activity booklet.
Scale: 3 cm = 0.1 nanometer (1 A), Orbit
- 1-prong: Hydrogen, white (91), Oxygen, red (5), Chlorine, green (4)
- 2-prong linear: Hydrogen, white (25)
- 2-prong 100°: Sulfur, yellow (9)
- 2-prong 110°: Oxygen, red (10)
- 3-prong 120°: Carbon, black (25), Nitrogen, blue (2)
- 4-prong tetrahedral: Carbon, black (50), Nitrogen, blue (4), Oxygen, red (20), Sulfur, yellow (2)
- 6-prong octahedral: Halogen, green (15), Metal, silver (15)
- 12-prong: Metal, silver (13), Orbit rigid mixed 10cm straws (1)
- Extra-thick, light grey, 3 cm (150)
- Rigid white, 5 cm (30)
- Very flexible white, 5 cm (4)
An extensive model system offering 15 atomic bonding configurations in 12 colors of plastic atoms. The carbon atom is represented in nine configurations: linear, trigonal (in five angle variations), tetrahedral, octahedral, trigonal-bipyramidal. Models come in two sizes: Orbit and Minit. Spare atom centers and bonding tubes are available for all model kits.
Please see Technical Information Bulletin AL-183 for a listing of these items, available on our website at sigma-aldrich.com